The most spooktacular time of year is nearly upon us, and now is your chance to consider some Halloween tips and plan your strategy for the Halloween attractions.
For many, this is the one time of year to take a love for all things ghosts, ghouls and spooks to a whole new level. If Halloween is among your favorite holidays, then keep reading to find out where you can find some spooky thrills this year.
No matter where you live, there’s bound to be plenty of Halloween-themed activities and experiences. East to West and everywhere in between, here are a few of our favorite Halloween destinations, each one unique and oriented to a different crowd.
Not-So-Sunny Spooks in Southern California
Perhaps you live in or around SoCal, or maybe Halloween is the perfect excuse for a getaway. Either way, SoCal has quite the buffet of Halloween themed theme parks, fit for every age.
- For The Kiddos – LEGOLAND is non-stop excitement throughout the entire month of October. Every October Saturday the park has extended hours, live entertainment, costume contests, millions of pieces of candy (literally), dance parties and more.
- For Serious Spooks – Knott’s Scary Farm. Normally known as Knott’s Berry Farm, the theme park turns into a complete nightmare of scares near Halloween. From zombie attacks to bloody old west gunslingers, every ride and park experience is dreadfully frightening.
- For All Ages Spooky Fun – Universal Studios Hollywood goes all out for Halloween. Naturally, being in Hollywood and all, the park takes drama very seriously. Expect Walking Dead attractions, terror tram, Jabbawockeez shows, scare zones and much, much more.
Fiercely Frightening Florida
There’s more to be scared of in Florida than alligators this Halloween season! Maybe it’s because of all the theme parks, but Orlando really knows it’s spooky stuff. For the best haunts, you’ll want to check out:
- Spooky, Kooky, Halloween Fun For Kids – LEGOLAND Orlando has teamed up with Shutterfly to present Brick-or-Treat. The slogan here is friendly-not-frightening, so it’s safe to say that this is a nightmare-free Halloween celebration!
- If You Really Love to Be Scared… – Universal Studios Orlando is back this year with their famous Horror Nights. Original scares and authentic horror movie moments is what you’ll find here. Those normally sort-of scary rides will be transformed into one-way rides into your scariest nightmares.
- For That Under The Sea Halloween Experience – SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular is a fun, family-friendly Halloween experience! Become immersed in an underwater fantasea, gaze at whimsical pumpkin fish, trick-or-treating and more. Definitely not the event for serious frights, but the perfect lighthearted underwater-themed Halloween experience.
Adult-Rated Only – Halloween in New Orleans
New Orleans takes the cake for most adult-fun oriented Halloween! Of course there are plenty of events for all ages, but if you’re looking for the perfect Halloween destination more adult-oriented, then New Orleans is for you.
- – A Halloween parade unlike any other. Beautifully horrific props and sculptures, as well as spookily clad float riders and parade go-ers. The creators of the epic Mardi Gras parade are also behind this Halloween-extravaganza, and trust – it’s an event you won’t want to miss.
- Haunted Tours – Take a tour through the haunted French Quarter, or other spooky parts of the city. What many folks don’t know is New Orleans is one of the most haunted cities in the country. On dark, moonless nights it’s not uncommon to brush paths with a few local ghosts. Start off your evening with a spooky haunted tour.
- Voodoo Shops – Centuries old spiritual practices prevail in the French Quarter, and you can find out for yourself just what goes on. The spirit of Marie Laveau, the High Priestess of 19th century New Orleans, is often felt drifting around in the shops, overseeing operations. If you’re lucky, you just might learn a few spells or incantations.
Shakin’ in your boots just yet?! There’s plenty of Halloween fun to be had all over the country. Whether you chose to go to Southern California, Orlando, New Orleans or somewhere else, visit 365 Tickets USA for all of your discount ticket needs! No reason to be frightened by your bank account this Halloween, 365 Tickets USA wants to help keep the scares to the professionals. Happy Spooking!